Northland College is a private liberal arts college with a progressive focus on the environment and sustainability. Our innovative curriculum and distinguished faculty draw students from across the country who come to be a part of a powerful educational community.
We are currently accepting applications for 2019 on a rolling basis. Official decisions typically arrive within two weeks, along with scholarship amounts and further instructions from your admissions representative. Ready to get started?
- You can apply using our online application or the Common Application.
- You can self-report high school grades and test scores (ACT or SAT) right on our form, allowing for immediate review.
- You can upload copies of your high school grades and test scores (ACT or SAT) right to your application status page (after submitting the application form). This is recommended, as it allows for immediate review.¹
- We evaluate your academic performance—specifically your cumulative, unweighted GPA and test scores (if submitted)—to determine your eligibility for admission, but recognize that numbers do not give us the full picture of your potential.²
- A merit scholarship ranging from $15,000–21,500 is automatically awarded to admitted students on the basis of academic performance.³ For information on Northland’s Presidential Fellows Program, visit our scholarships page.
Ask us directly. Or call 715-682-1224 or 800-753-1840.
The fine print
¹ We encourage you to provide your scores unless you are very uncomfortable with them. However, they are unlikely to negatively impact your admissibility if your GPA is strong and your fit for Northland is clear, and may actually increase your merit scholarship amounts when considered in combination with GPA.
² The more you give us in the short answer section or in conversation with your admissions representative, the better.
³ Determine your eligibility for federal and state aid by filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as early as October 1, 2018. The sooner you file, the faster we’ll be able to include those amounts in your financial aid package!