- Gatehouse $75/day (capacity 25)
- Boathouse $150/day (capacity 29)
- Guesthouse Great Hall $150/day (capacity 46)
Overnight Gatehouse Lodging
- Northland Affiliated Programs
- Single Occupancy $25/person/night
- Shared Room (3-4+ persons) $15/person/night
- Gatehouse Rental $200 per night
- Organization, Business, Individual, Private Group
- Single Occupancy $35/person/night
- Shared Room (3-4+ persons) $30/person/night
- Gatehouse Rental $300/night
Rental inquiry emails should be directed to MaryJo Gingras or call 715-682-1392.
Individuals age five and older will be charged. Groups may either be charged the building rental or by individual, whichever is less cost to the group. Rooms must accommodate no more than number of beds per room—building code must be followed.
Linens, towels, and toiletry items are NOT provided. A final guest count must be submitted to the Northland College outreach coordinator at least one week (seven days) in advance of visit. All lodging will be confirmed upon arrival. The rental will be based on final guest count and reserved days regardless of early departure.
Meals may be catered through Northland College, other provider, or prepared by the group themselves. The Gatehouse includes a full kitchen for the group’s use.
Northland College’s food staff is highly skilled in preparing delicious foods and accommodating dietary needs including vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free. Gratuity is included. If you choose to have Chartwells at Northland College cater for you, please contact them at 715-682-1339.
A deposit of $100 is required upon return of your signed Forest Lodge Use Agreement. This deposit is due thirty-one (31) days prior to your arrival and will be applied toward the final bill. Please notify the outreach programs coordinator at 715-682-1392 of any changes in dates or group size. This notification helps staff plan cleaning and maintenance and may free space for other users.
Cancellations or adjustment to your arrival or departure dates are sometimes unavoidable and will be accommodated without penalty if notification is received prior to the scheduled arrival. Failure to give ten (10) days notice of your cancellation or changes may result in a charge equal to 100% of your anticipated lodging bill.
Fees are assessed for lodging, meeting rooms, catering, custom programming, transportation, instructed recreation, and/or boat rental, etc.
- Room costs are due by event check-in.
- Any additional fees for programing, actual food cost, etc. will be billed post-event.
- The bill must be paid in full within thirty (30) days of billing date.
- Any unpaid portion after that time will be subject to a 15% late fee.
- A non-refundable deposit of $100 is due with a signed Forest Lodge Use Agreement. Your reservation is not confirmed until the deposit has been received.
- Agreements must be received at least thirty (30) days prior to the event, otherwise the room(s) may be released.
- Lodging deposits and final payments can be made by check payable to Northland College Forest Lodge and mailed to:
1411 Ellis Avenue
Ashland, WI 54806
Each group must designate a contact person for program planning who is responsible for completing all necessary paperwork. They must be available on-site for the group visit. The contact is the official signature required on the Forest Lodge Agreement returned to Northland.
Northland requires that each guest group have present an emergency contact for minors.
Supervision of Minors
Adult supervisors are expected to be on-site for the duration of the guest program, especially during residential programs. Adult leaders are responsible for the safety and supervision of their participants and must have on them Release of Liability forms for each participant.
Pre and Post Check-In/Check-Out Room Inspections
Northland College conducts pre- and post-group inspections for property inventory and room/facility damage.
Check In and Departure
Visitors to Forest Lodge should check in with staff upon arrival. This will inform staff of one’s safe arrival and provide the opportunity for orientation to facilities. Groups must complete a Forest Lodge Use Agreement before check in.
Guests must conduct themselves in a respectful and courteous manner, and abide by federal, state, and local laws. Please employ quiet hours from 11 p.m.-7 a.m. in buildings and on the property out of respect of additional users at the property and nearby neighbors.
There is no security service at Forest Lodge. Cellular service is not accessible for most carriers at Forest Lodge, however a landline phone is available in the Gatehouse for emergencies. Contact 911 or the Bayfield County Sheriff at 715-373-6120.
Individuals and groups of legal drinking age who wish to have alcohol beverages on Forest Lodge property must submit a signed Alcohol Beverage User Agreement.
The Forest Lodge property is SMOKE-FREE. Smoking includes the burning of any type of lighted pipe, cigar, cigarette, or any other smoking equipment or the use of electronic smoking devices including, but not limited to, an electronic cigarette, cigar, cigarillo, or pipe. Use extreme care when extinguishing burning materials.
What to Bring
Linens, towels, and toiletry items are NOT provided. Bring your own blankets, pillows, and extra-long twin sheets or sleeping bag. Users must provide their own towels, washcloths, and soap. Food service, if required, is the responsibility of the requesting person or group.
Cellular service is not accessible for most carriers at Forest Lodge, however a landline phone is available in the Gatehouse for emergencies. Long distance calls from Forest Lodge must be made with a phone card. In case of emergency, visitors may contact 911 or the Bayfield County Sheriff at 715-373-6120.
Guests of Forest Lodge are required to separate recyclable items from their trash. Collection bins are located in all buildings.
Guests of Forest Lodge are responsible for their own housekeeping. Visitors must keep clean all areas they are using. Users who do not leave spaces as they found them may be charged an additional cleaning fee.
Pets are allowed only in the Gatehouse building with advance permission. NO pets are allowed in the Kitchen. Pets are expected to be under the immediate control of their owners at all times. Owners are responsible for cleaning up after pets and for any damage caused by pets.
Users wishing to have a guest visit them (outside of the number included on the Forest Lodge Use Agreement) must obtain explicit and prior approval from the Northland College outreach program coordinator. Overnight lodging for a guest may be available but it is dependent upon space availability. Guest lodging is limited and MUST be arranged forty-eight (48) hours in advance of arrival.
Camping is permitted only in the pasture located to the west of the Cow Palace. Campers have use of the bathrooms in the Cow Palace.
Internet access is available to Forest Lodge guests in the Gatehouse via a wireless network (with password). Wireless network password is provided to guests upon arrival.
Forest Lodge staff will not enter your room without your permission except when:
- responding to what they consider a serious life and/or health threatening emergency
- accompanied by police officers under their authority and responsibility for the purpose of investigation
- performing requested, preventive, prescheduled, and/or emergency maintenance
- retrieving property belonging to Northland College
- removing an illegal pet
- in the absence of residents, there is a disruptive noise such as the alarm of a clock or a stereo playing at a disturbing level
- conducting non-emergency inspection, repairs, and/or custodial tasks
No room will be searched except where there is reasonable evidence to believe an immediate search is necessary to resolve a serious life or health threatening situation. Appropriate legal authorities may search rooms.
Firearms and Weapons
Forest Lodge adheres to the following provisions:
- Firearms and weapons are prohibited in buildings.
- No guest shall carry a firearm or other weapon at any time while at Forest Lodge.
- If you see a person who is not a police officer in uniform carrying a weapon at Forest Lodge, notify onsite staff immediately. Do not assume a person has a license. Think “safety first” and if you err, please err on the side of caution.