Off-Campus Housing ApplicationNorthland College Housing Policy (February 8, 2012 President's Cabinet)
Full-time Northland College students are required to room in college-owned residences and to board with college dining for 6 semesters. The implementation of this policy will be staged. During the 2012-13 academic year, students will be required to room and board with the College for 5 semesters. Full implementation will begin for the 2013-14 academic year.
Exceptions to this policy are granted when students
- Are 23 years of age or older by September 1st of the academic year in which they are enrolled
- Have a child who lives with them
- Reside within 40 miles of Ashland and are living with their immediate family or legal guardian
- Are legally married (or legally partnered in a civil union/domestic partnership recognized by a U.S. state) by September 1st of the academic year in which they are enrolled
- Are veterans of the armed forces.
Part-time students and WITC students who wish to reside on campus must secure special approval from the Director of Residential Life.
Transfer students are
required to live in the college-owned residences and board with college dining
in accordance with this policy. Each successful semester of full-time
college/university attendance prior to their first semester of attendance at
Northland will count toward completing the requirement.
Students who are eligible to move off campus must inform the office of Residential Life by June 1st of their intention to live in non-college housing by completing and submitting the attached "Off-campus housing application." Students should not sign a lease until they have ensured their eligibility to move off campus.
1411 Ellis Avenue Ashland, WI 54806-3999
(715) 682-1699 | Map it