February is the month of love so our Instagram photographer Mikaela Fisher set out to capture twenty-nine reasons—one for every day of the month—for loving Northland College. We’ve collected them into this one blog post. Follow us on Instagram @northland_edu. If you have others reasons to add, hashtag your photo #NorthlandCollege #29Reasons
1. Local foods in the cafeteria
3. The Apostle Islands Sled Dog Race. (Thanks @juliebuckles)
4. The new fitness center and free classes.
5. Short, scenic walks to class.
6. Lake Superior is just one mile away.
7. Our active students. (Thanks @julie_buckles)
8. The Outpost.
9. Free concerts by Northland bands, orchestra, and choirs.
10. The ReUse room.
11. The variety of student-faculty research opportunities.
12. The Northland College Alliance drag shows.
13. Compost pails in the dorms.
14. Book Across the Bay.
15. The new indoor climbing wall. (Thanks @hiredlens)
16. The annual spring powwow.
18. The gorgeous spots to hike near campus.
19. Bike friendly campus, complete with special storage areas.
20. The new soccer and lacrosse stadium. (Thanks @wibuckeye)
21. The Birkebeiner ski marathon and Brother Bear fund that helps students to compete.
22. Cozy spots to study in the Dexter Library.
23. Our small, hands-on classes, with big impact.
24. The Apostle Islands Ice Caves.
25. Our connection with the greater Ashland community.
26. Awesome art classes for everyone to enjoy.
27. Coffeehaus concerts.
28. The greenhouses. (Thanks @elleabelle00)
29. All of our incredibly talented students.