Campus Safety works to promote and provide a safe living, learning, and working environment for the Northland community. Campus safety is provided by Securitas and is located on the second floor of Mead Hall. Services include:
- Provides 24 hour walking escort service
- Provides campus-wide security services
- Responds to all on-campus emergencies
- Documents incidents and communicates appropriately to pertinent departments
Emergency Dispatch: 911
Campus Safety: (715) 682-1399, firstname.lastname@example.org
Duty Officer: (715) 209-6971
Northland College uses e2Campus, a mass notification system that alerts you wherever you are. e2Campus enables Northland College to send important campus information to you via mobile phone, land line, PDA, or email.
Northland College expects that all members of the College community—students, faculty, staff, and friends—be able to pursue their work and education in a safe environment, free from sexual coercion, violence, or intimidation.
To Achieve this We Believe:
- Learning how to build healthy relationship skills is critical.
- It’s important to have organizational policies and practices that improve safety and the overall campus climate.
- Training student bystanders to intervene or speak up against violence is part of the solution.
- It’s healthy to address social norms and behavior with messages from community experts.
Northland College is committed to fostering a safe campus environment where sexual misconduct and violence are unacceptable, and where survivors those who believe they were harmed by another person are provided support and avenues of redress as appropriate.
Northland works in partnership with the Duluth, Minnesota, based organization Men as Peacemakers for training, education, and special events.
Campus Training about Harassment & Sexual Misconduct
Northland College has partnered with TrainEd Solutions to provide an online video about understanding and preventing sexual violence. It contains information about gender-based misconduct including definitions, complaint and reporting procedures, as well as resources for survivors or those who believe they have been harmed by another. Check out the video.