Office of Student Affairs
|Position Available:||Academic Year|
|Hourly Rate or Pay Range:||$40,000 annually|
|Application Deadline:||Position open until filled.|
The student outreach and retention coordinator provides services and resources to students to support their success, both inside and outside the classroom, from the time they enroll through their graduation. This position coordinates intervention and brings together academic success resources for students that may be experiencing barriers to achieving their potential. In collaboration with key departments, faculty, staff, and community resources, this position will prioritize a holistic approach to student success.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Student Intervention (50% of time)
- Coordinate operations of the Care Team and provide outreach and resources to students as appropriate.
- Serve as point person for student behavior/academic referrals and triage concerns accordingly.
- Meet individually with students regarding their academic performance and provide resources and academic coaching.
- Obtain midterm grade results, and in collaboration with other staff/faculty, plan and implement an outreach model based on student performance.
- Develop individualized strategies and plans with students to support their academic success.
- Provide support services and coordination for students who have been hospitalized or are receiving ongoing medical care.
- Actively track and follow up with students who have withdrawn to encourage re-enrollment where appropriate.
- Withdrawals and Re-enrollment Facilitation (20% of time)
- Serve as point person for all students seeking to re-enroll or withdraw in order to facilitate the process with the Office of the Registrar.
- Attend and participate in meetings regarding student re-enrollment, withdrawals, and students seeking to return after being academically suspended.
- Develop and communicate individualized support plans with students who are withdrawing or re-enrolling.
- Assist and guide students through the medical withdrawal process and coordinate their successful return to campus following a withdrawal.
- Residential Accommodations (20% of time)
- Coordinate review process, approvals, and renewals for all residential student accommodations via the Residential Accommodations Committee.
- Other Duties (10% of time)
- Facilitate the development and administration of the Student Affairs Emergency Fund.
- Serve on College committees and collaborate with faculty, staff, and other partners to support the success of students and the College.
- Represent Northland College and the Office of Student Affairs as appropriate at functions and events, including but not limited to admissions events, campus traditions, new student orientation, etc.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience supporting students in a higher education or K-12 setting, or other comparable experience
- Experience using basic features of Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to independently prioritize tasks and manage competition priorities
- Embrace, uphold, and promote the values of Northland College, with a sense of commitment to our mission and the future of the institution
- Commitment to furthering diversity, equity, and inclusion in order to strengthen a sense of belonging for all students
- Ability to demonstrate genuine empathy and care for students, their challenges, and their success
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
Supervisory responsibilities: N/A
Travel Required: N/A
Quiet office environment; exposure to computer screens; and contact with college administration, faculty, staff, students, administrators, and trustees, either in person, by telephone, or electronically. May require sitting for prolonged periods of time, extensive use of computer keyboard, visual acuity, walking inside or outside, standing, bending, reaching, climbing, balancing, and occasional lifting or carrying.
Office of Student Affairs
How to Apply
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and contact information for at least three professional references.
Position open until filled. Apply Online
Contact: Office of Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org