|Position Available:||Year Round|
|Hourly Rate or Pay Range:||$45,000-$50,000 annually, based on experience|
|Application Deadline:||December 18, 2020|
Northland College is currently accepting applications for a human resources manager with an anticipated start date of January 4, 2020.
The human resources manager serves as the Title IX coordinator for the College and has a critical collaborative relationship with the payroll manager, engaging in cross-training to achieve an unbeatable team of resource providers for all employees and their supervisors.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Serve as the Title IX coordinator
- Ensure Northland College complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments of the 1972 Civil Rights Act and the Violence Against Women Act Reauthorization of 2012 (VAWA) related to gender harassment without conflict of interest in the assignment of duties as appropriate to circumstance.
- Serve as the internal consultant and subject matter expert on Title IX and gender harassment. Ensure policies and procedures reflect the most current federally issued guidance and state regulatory expectations.
- Manage the day-to-day responsibilities associated with Title IX compliance obligations:
- Review all reports of gender harassment to identify and address any patterns or systemic problems within Northland’s community.
- When appropriate and necessary, identify and supervise external investigators for appeal hearings or cases in which an internal conflict of interest exists.
- Receive and oversee timely processing of inquiries from students and employees regarding rights and responsibilities concerning harassing behavior or other discriminatory behavior in violation of Title IX.
- Ongoing communication with parties regarding timelines of the proceedings, disposition, and sanctions imposed. Communicate with appropriate offices for sanction implementation
- Ensure the investigation and disciplinary proceedings related to gender harassment comply with Northland’s policies and federal regulations and guidance.
- Document Clery Act defined crimes in ASR reporting tool and follow through with required emergency notification.
- Collaborate with appropriate offices regarding Title IX related awareness and prevention programming to ensure delivery of appropriate and legally sufficient content that is strategic and coordinated, including campus safety, human resources, academic affairs, student affairs, and athletics, and off campus resources.
- Assist deputy Title IX coordinator(s) in coordination of training for investigators on issues of Title IX and Clery Act related to gender harassment.
- Ensure local law enforcement and prosecutors working in gender harassment that constitutes criminal behavior understand Northland’s requirements under Title IX.
- Access and analyze Northland’s enrollment, athletics, and other demographic resources to identify patterns of gender harassment.
- Advise institutional leadership, when appropriate, on issues related to Title IX including issues of noncompliance, and assist these individuals with research or positions related to gender harassment.
- Maintain a program of professional training to ensure Title IX coordinator and deputies are appropriately familiar with most current guidance issued by federal offices, especially US Department of Education, in areas related to gender harassment.
- Compensation Administration
- Oversees format and content of job descriptions and titles.
- Determines benchmark positions and ranges.
- Develop structure and ranges for non-exempt support positions.
- Track compensation against benchmarks.
- Review and make recommendations on recommended salary changes.
- Manage compliance with the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Complete salary surveys as needed.
- Talent Acquisition
- Works with hiring managers to post positions both internally and externally.
- Manages the applicant flow and general applicant letters at various stages of the process closing out the search upon conclusion.
- Administer background screening process and consult with human resources leadership regarding any potential issues prior to discussing with hiring manager.
- Maintain all talent acquisition files.
- Performance Management
- Administrate the annual performance review process.
- Work with supervisors to coach and counsel employees on performance improvement.
- Partner with supervisors to develop meaningful performance improvement plans designed as investments in employee success.
- Learning & Development
- Facilitate the staff supervisors meetings using it as a forum for providing training and professional development to this audience, maintaining a pulse on employee satisfaction and facilitating an avenue of internal networking.
- Administrate annual mandatory training for all employees.
- Provide supervisory support and training on best practices for ensuring an environment suited for success for all employees.
- Oversee the provision of professional development opportunities to staff employees.
- Metrics Reporting
- Develop metrics reports to assist leadership in understanding the status of Northland College as an employer of choice.
- Employee Satisfaction
- Conduct annual employee satisfaction survey.
- Working with a cross functional team of staff and faculty members, develop responsive actions to the employee satisfaction survey to improve the employment environment for all.
- Conducts exit interviews with exiting employees to assess how to improvement the employment environment.
- Manages employee relations issues promoting a collaborative environment where individuals in conflict benefit from facilitation to a productive working relationship.
- Customer Service
- Ensure that human resources and payroll forms located on intranet are maintained with current information.
- Partner with team to process emails coming into the firstname.lastname@example.org mailbox on a daily basis escalating those emails needing service from other team members.
- Provide responsive customer service to internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned including, but not limited to cross training with the payroll manager.
- Bachelor’s degree with coursework in HR management or business management or five years human resources experience.
- Experience in higher education or non-profit preferred but not required.
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently without close supervision.
How to Apply
Interested candidates must complete the online application. Submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Application Deadline: December 18, 2020 Apply Online
Contact: Human Resources email@example.com