Office of Human Reources
|Position Available:||Year Round|
|Hourly Rate or Pay Range:||$45,000–50,000 annually|
|Application Deadline:||Position open until filled.|
Northland College is a private liberal arts college with a progressive focus on the environment, sustainability, and social justice. Adjacent to the Apostle Islands and over one million acres of national forest, Northland has an unparalleled living laboratory and natural playground just beyond our doors.
Northland College is currently accepting applications for a human resources business partner (HRBP) with an anticipated start date of September 1, 2022.
Northland College provides equal opportunity for all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, ancestry, or veteran status. Northland College is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, and others who would provide diverse perspectives to our College are encouraged to apply for this position.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
This position exists to serve as the human resources business partner (HRBP) for Northland College by providing subject matter expertise and advanced strategic HR leadership to administrators, faculty, and staff on a wide range of human resources functions including but not limited to: employee relations, recruitment and retention, compensation, benefits, orientation, and talent and organizational management. The HRBP ensures compliance with organizational policies and state and federal laws.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, psychology, or related field AND at least two years of human resources experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Professional human resources experience in functional areas such as talent sourcing, compensation, employee relations, and/or training and development
- Working knowledge of employment laws such as FMLA, FLSA, ADA, EEO
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent intercultural competency skills and experience working inclusively with people from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with sensitivity and discretion
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Advanced verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including making presentations to groups
- Proficient computer skills, especially with Microsoft Office applications
- Five or more years of general human resources experience
- Professional human resource certification (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, etc.)
- Experience leading change management activities, building trust among teams, and attracting talent
- Excellent process facilitation and project management skills
Office of Human Reources
How to Apply
Interested candidates must complete the online application. Submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Position open until filled. Apply Online
Contact: Office of Human Resources email@example.com