|Hourly Rate or Pay Range:||$15-$25/hour|
|Application Deadline:||Position open until filled.|
Health Services Support Position
Position: temporary through May 31, 2021
Anticipated start date: January 8, 2021
Pay: hourly commiserate with experience
Department: Health Services
The assistant health services manager is an hourly position throughout the remainder of the 2020-21 academic year within the Office of Health Services. The position is an organized leader with responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the health services office in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
Typical work commitment is approximately 30-40 hours per week; some weeks may require more hours. Common work duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with COVID antigen testing during peak periods; including data entry and management, test conduction (sampling and processing), and work within the testing center.
- Conduct minor lab tests such as pregnancy and strep and administer injections such as seasonal flu shots.
- Ensure accurate record-keeping and confidentiality for a database system health care records, vaccination information, assessing and reporting on the number of services, their needs and effectiveness of service delivery for program improvement purposes.
- Serving as a resource for the Northland College community ensuring continuity of care.
- Communicate effectively with the dean of students, health services manager, and all other student affairs staff in order to ensure the continued successful operation of the Office of Health Services.
- Oversee the maintenance of the campus website, email boxes, and phone lines in regards to health needs and current information in collaboration with the health services manager
- Other duties as they arise for student health needs
Other Performance Standards
- Prioritizes work activities to complete assignments by expected deadlines and makes the most effective use of time available
- Interacts with Northland College staff, students, and faculty in a positive manner while supportive of institutional goals
- Handles sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner
- This position can be served in an office-based, Ponzio Campus Center, and campus COVID testing center
- This position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions
- Hold an R.N., C.N.A., L.P.N., or M.A. license in good standing in the state of Wisconsin
- Minimum of two to three years full-time professional experience with progressively responsible experience in health services
- Knowledge of and experience interpreting and applying Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) laws
- Working experience with the young-adult, college-aged population
- Demonstrated and proven skills in:
- Microsoft software package (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Management of multiple, competing priorities
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Operating with a flexible schedule as needed during peak times
How to Apply
Interested candidates must complete the online application on our website.
Position open until filled. Apply Online
Contact: Melissa Harvey firstname.lastname@example.org