|Position Available:||Year Round|
|Hourly Rate or Pay Range:||Commensurate with experience|
|Application Deadline:||Position open until filled.|
Northland College, an NCAA Division III institution located in Ashland, Wisconsin, is seeking a hard-working, motivated, and driven individual for its assistant men’s hockey coach position.
The assistant men’s hockey coach has the responsibility for helping in the overall operation of the men’s hockey program in accordance with Northland College, Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (WIAC), and National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA) regulations. The assistant coach must have a commitment to the philosophy of providing a competitive NCAA Division III men’s hockey program that emphasizes the educational welfare of its student athletes. This position has additional duties in the Athletics Department.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Practice and game preparation and execution
- Break down and edit film of team practices, games, and future opponents’ games
- Create opponent scouting reports, as well as a game plan for success
- Identify and recruit high-quality student athletes, including traveling to see recruits play/practice and communicating with recruits, parents, junior hockey coaches, etc.
- Maintain recruiting database
- Create both print and digital recruiting materials
- Maintain team social media accounts
- Communicate with alumni and program sponsors/donors
- Plan and execute annual Alumni Game and Alumni Day
- Monitor and track academic progress of student athletes
- Help create and monitor strength and conditioning program for student athletes
- Promote, plan, and execute summer youth camps and high school summer league
- Create and maintain effective working relationship with multiple departments across campus including admissions, faculty, advancement, athletics, maintenance, etc.
- Explore, plan, and engage in community service and fundraising projects for both the program and the Athletics Department as a whole
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate team travel including transportation, lodging, and meals
- Other duties within both the men’s hockey program and the Athletics Department as assigned by the head coach and/or the executive director of intercollegiate athletics
The College has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the College reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the College may deem appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience coaching at the high school, college, and/or professional level
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to teach the game of hockey at a high level, within the systems as set up by the head coach, while also providing valuable insight and input on ways to improve teaching and strategy
- Dedication to the physical, social, emotional, and academic development of student athletes, as well as the overall well-being of the individual student athlete, the men’s hockey program, the Athletics Department, and the institution as a whole
- Working knowledge of NCAA rules and demonstrated dedication to the ethical following of those rules
- Current CPR and First Aid certificate or willingness to acquire certification
- Previous collegiate coaching experience
- Previous success in recruitment and retention of high-quality student athletes
- Past experience with creating both digital recruiting and social media content, as well as hard-copy recruiting materials
- Experience with team and opponent video breakdown, specifically with InStat (other systems acceptable)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning certificate or willingness to acquire certification
- Knowledge of NCAA Division III and Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference rules and regulations
Athletics Department Website
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply with a cover letter, resume, and list of references.
Position open until filled. Apply Online
Contact: Office of Human Resources email@example.com