|Position Available:||Year Round|
|Hourly Rate or Pay Range:||Commensurate with experience|
|Application Deadline:||Position open until filled.|
Northland College, an NCAA Division III institution located in Ashland, Wisconsin, is seeking a hard-working, motivated, and driven individual for its assistant men’s basketball coach position.
This position reports to the head men’s basketball coach and the executive director of intercollegiate athletics.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Practice and game preparation and execution
- Break down and edit film of team practices, games, and future opponents’ games
- Create opponent scouting reports, as well as a game plan for success
- Identify and recruit high-quality student athletes, including traveling to see recruits play/practice and communicating with recruits, parents, high school and AAU coaches, etc.
- Maintain recruiting database
- Create both print and digital recruiting materials
- Maintain team social media accounts
- Communicate with alumni and program sponsors/donors
- Plan and execute annual Alumni Game and Alumni Day
- Monitor and track academic progress of student athletes
- Help create and monitor strength and conditioning program for student athletes
- Promote, plan, and execute summer youth camps and high school summer league
- Create and maintain effective working relationship with multiple departments across campus including admissions, faculty, advancement, athletics, maintenance, etc.
- Explore, plan, and engage in community service and fundraising projects for both the program and the Athletics Department as a whole
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate team travel including transportation, lodging, and meals
- Other duties within both the men’s basketball program and the Athletics Department as assigned by the head coach and/or the executive director of intercollegiate athletics
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience coaching at the high school, college, or professional level
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to teach the game of basketball at a high level, both offensively and defensively, within the systems as set up by the head coach, while also providing valuable insight and input on ways to improve teaching and strategy
- Dedication to the physical, social, emotional, and academic development of student athletes, as well as the overall well-being of the individual student athlete, the men’s basketball program, the Athletics Department, and the institution as a whole
- Working knowledge of NCAA rules and demonstrated dedication to the ethical following of those rules
- Current CPR and First Aid certificate or willingness to acquire certification
- Previous collegiate coaching experience
- Previous success in recruitment and retention of high-quality student athletes
- Past experience with creating both digital recruiting and social media content, as well as hard-copy recruiting materials
- Experience with team and opponent video breakdown, specifically with Synergy Sport Tech (other systems acceptable)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning certificate or willingness to acquire certification
- Previous experience running youth summer camps
- Knowledge of NCAA Division III and Upper Midwest Athletic Conference rules and regulations
Athletics Department Website
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply with a cover letter, resume, and list of references.
Position open until filled. Apply Online
Contact: Office of Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org