|Position Available:||Academic Year|
|Hourly Rate or Pay Range:||$7,500|
|Application Deadline:||Position open until filled.|
Northland College, an NCAA Division III institution located in Ashland, Wisconsin, is seeking a hard-working, motivated, and driven individual for its Assistant Lacrosse Coach position.
This position reports to the Head Lacrosse Coach and the Director of Athletics.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Practice and game preparation and execution.
- Breakdown and editing film of team practices, games, and future opponents’s games.
- Creation of opponent scouting reports and game plan for success.
- Maintain recruiting database.
- Create recruiting material, including hard copies and digital material.
- Maintain team social media accounts.
- Communications with alumni and program sponsors/donors.
- Plan and execute annual Alumni Game and Alumni Day.
- Monitor and track academic progress of student athletes.
- Help create and monitor strength and conditioning program of student athletes.
- Promote, plan and execute both summer youth camps and high school summer league.
- Create and maintain effective working relationships with multiple departments across campus, including admissions, faculty, advancement, athletics, maintenance, etc.
- Explore, plan and engage in community service and fundraising projects for both the program and the athletic department as a whole.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate team travel including transportation, lodging and meals.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience coaching at the high school, college and/or professional level.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to teach the game at a high level, both offensively and defensively, within the systems as set up by the Head Coach, while also providing valuable insight and input on ways to improve teaching and strategy.
- Dedication to the physical, social, emotional, and academic development of student athletes, as well as the overall well-being of the individual student athlete, the program, the athletic department and the institution as a whole.
- Working knowledge of NCAA rules and demonstrated dedication to the ethical following of those rules.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification or willingness to acquire certification.
- Previous collegiate coaching experience.
- Previous success in recruitment and retention of high-quality student athletes.
- Past experience with creating both digital recruiting and social media content, and hard copy recruiting materials.
- Certified Strength & Conditioning certificate or willingness to acquire certification.
- Previous experience with running youth summer camps.
- Knowledge of NCAA Division III and MLC rules and regulations.
Athletics United States Website
How to Apply
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and contact information for at least three professional references.
Position open until filled.
Contact: Office of Human Resources email@example.com