|Position Available:||Academic Year|
|Hourly Rate or Pay Range:||$13,500/annually|
|Application Deadline:||Position open until filled.|
Northland College, an NCAA Division III institution located in Ashland, Wisconsin, is seeking a hard-working, motivated, and driven individual for its Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach position.
This position reports to the Head Men’s Basketball Coach and the Director of Athletics.
This position starts August 1, 2021.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Practice and game preparation & execution.
- Breakdown and editing film of team practices, games, and future opponents’ games
- Creation of opponent scouting reports, and game plan for success
- Identification and recruitment of high-quality student athletes, including travel to see recruits play/practice, communicate with recruits, parents, high school & AAU coaches, etc.
- Maintain recruiting database
- Create recruiting material, including hard copies and digital material
- Maintain team social media accounts
- Communications with alumni and program sponsors/donors
- Plan and execute annual Alumni Game & Alumni Day
- Monitor and track academic progress of student athletes
- Help create and monitor strength & conditioning program of student athletes
- Promote, plan and execute both summer youth camps and high school summer league
- Create and maintain effective working relationship with multiple departments across campus, including admissions, faculty, advancement, athletics, maintenance, etc.
- Explore, plan and engage in community service and fundraising projects for both the program and the Athletics Department as a whole
- Plan, schedule and coordinate team travel including transportation, lodging and meals
- Other duties within both the men’s basketball program and the Athletics Department as assigned by the head coach and/or director of athletics
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience coaching at the high school, college and/or professional level
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to teach the game of basketball at a high level, both offensively and defensively, within the systems as set up by the head coach, while also providing valuable insight and input on ways to improve teaching and strategy
- Dedication to the physical, social, emotional, and academic development of student athletes, as well as to the overall well-being of the individual student athlete, the men’s basketball program, the Athletics Department, and the institution as a whole
- Working knowledge of NCAA rules and demonstrated dedication to the ethical following of those rules
- Previous collegiate coaching experience
- Previous success in recruitment and retention of high-quality student athletes
- Past experience with creating both digital recruiting and social media content, and hard copy recruiting materials
- Experience with team and opponent video breakdown, specifically with Synergy Sport Tech (other systems acceptable)
- Certified Strength & Conditioning certificate or willingness to acquire certification
- Previous experience with running youth summer camps
- Knowledge of NCAA Division III and Upper Midwest Athletic Conference rules and regulations
- Current CPR and First Aid certificate or willingness to acquire certification
Athletics United States
How to Apply
Please submit an online application, including a resume, cover letter and three professional references.
Position open until filled. Apply Online
Contact: Scott Sorenson email@example.com