We are excited to announce our 50th anniversary youth art contest!
Sigurd Olson used writing as his creative outlet in expressing his concerns for and love of the natural world. We believe creativity is at the heart of expressing our relationship with the natural world. We thought celebrating our 50th anniversary with art would be both fun and a great way to gain perspective from youth!
True to the vision of Sigurd Olson, we are asking youth artists to consider a special place or time when they experienced awe, wonder, or curiosity while connecting with the natural world and to share it in whatever creative way they wish.
Winners will be announced September 1, 2022.
We will have twelve winners of this contest. All winners will be invited on an all-expense paid full day trip to Stockton Island, led by SOEI youth programs leaders, held on Sunday, September 25th, 2022.
Photos of each of the winners artwork will also be included in a 2023 calendar. Calendars will be available in late Fall 2022 and will be sold as a fundraiser for SOEI Youth Outreach Programs.
Important Information for the artist:
- This art contest is open to youth ages 5 -17 years of age.
- Submissions are due August 1, 2022.
- Artists may use any medium, including but not limited to, painting, ceramic, digital art, collage, ecoart, dance, poetry, mixed media, fabric, craft, photography, jewelry, etc.
- Submitted entries must depict a special place or time when you (the artist) experienced awe, wonder or curiosity with the natural world.
Steps for submitting artwork:
- Take a photo of the artwork completed
- Create a title for your artwork
- Complete the submission form below (include a photo of your artwork)
- Last day to submit is August 1, 2022
Winners will be announced/contacted September 1st
***If you have any problems with the submission process, please contact Katherine Jenkins at 715.682.1853 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We can find alternative ways to obtain submissions if there are concerns or challenges.
Cost: $2.00 per entry
Event Location: online
Event Dates: Contest announced April 4, 2022, Final submissions due August 1, 2022
Submission Close Date: August 1, 2022
Sorry. This form is no longer available.