WritersRead Submission Deadline
December 15, 8:00 am–12:00 pm
This annual community event in mid-winter is a hoot. Submit your work and if our four judges select your work, you’ll be reading your work to a packed audience in January. If your work is not selected, no big deal. You’ll then have the opportunity to come be part of the raucous audience and think about how relieved you are to not be up on stage.
WritersRead has explored themes of love, food, travel, elements, taboos, transformation, the dark side, encounters, and now, awakenings.
The categories: Nonfiction (1000 words), Sudden fiction (750 words), Micro-fiction (300 words), and poetry (up to 10).
Submit via our online submission form through December 15. The performance will be held Friday, January 24 at Northland College.
- WritersRead will be held Friday, January 24 at Northland College. You must be available to read your work in this public performance.
- WritersRead is a community event meant to promote the written word in the north woods. It is open to all, no matter of geography, as long as you can make the performance.
- Please name your document using your last name and the first word of your title e.g. Buckles_Paddling.
- Do not include your name within the document. The form will inform us of the author.
- Please adhere to the word count.
- Poetry & Twitterature may submit up to ten poems, all in one document.
- Original work is encouraged. Published work is fine.
- We will not be publishing any of the works. Wisconsin Public Radio, as a cosponsor, will be taping the event for distribution in the region.
- Works will be judged by a four-person panel of writing professionals. They will be looking at style, originality, truthfulness, and ultimately at how well the work fits the theme.
- A panel of four judges will select a variety of work for the performance. We will announce the participants after the first of the new year.