This in-person workshop will be helpful for students who do not have a resume, as well as those would like to improve upon their existing version. All students who register and attend a session will be entered into a monthly drawing for a swag bag full of Northland goodies!
A sample of questions we’ll answer and topics we’ll cover:
- How should you order your resume sections? (Spoiler—if your education section is toward the bottom, you’re likely doing it wrong!)
- How can you tailor your headings to your experience and your resume to an actual position description?
- How can you demonstrate knowledge from your academic (and work/volunteer) experiences?
- How can you highlight transferable skills employers want?
- Tips on formatting, key words, and ways to identify technical knowledge from your field that will impress hiring managers
- Common mistakes and how to avoid them
- An overview of cover letters and professional references
Bring your laptop if you have one so you can create and edit your resume as you go.