Led by Sara Marsh and Sherri Paulsen from Memorial Medical Center, this group is an opportunity for freshmen to have a conversation with licensed mental health professionals as well as peers about common challenges related to managing stress, coping, and staying mentally well.
During groups, students can expect to be able to learn information and useful skills, as well as have an opportunity to ask questions and to feel connected with others facing similar concerns. Topics will include:
- Homesickness and adjustment
- Managing worry and self-doubt
- Building good self-care routines
- Managing the “winter blues”
- Managing trauma related issues
- Coping with academic issues
- Alcohol and drug related issues
This is virtual, using Zoom. Sign up and information will be sent about how to attend the groups. This is free to attend.