More than half of Northland students complete an internship while enrolled. If you are intending to be in that percentage, then you’ll need to know the process of registering your position for academic credit using the experiences tool in Handshake.
Catch us in 001 Dexter Library (in the basement) for this short workshop. In addition to walking through how to use the experiences tool, the following information will also be covered:
- How to find an internship
- The difference between an internship and a job
- What your responsibilities are before, during, and at the close of the internship
- An explanation of each person involved, and what their responsibilities are (faculty & internship supervisors, student career advisor)
- Fees associated with registering an internship for credit
- Registration deadlines and the process you must use to register the experience if you’ve secured it after those dates
Make sure to bring your laptop if you’d like to follow along in your own Handshake account. It’s also possible follow along with the Handshake app on your smartphone.
Attendance at this event will automatically enter you into a drawing for a monthly swag bag!