Handshake is the jobs and internship search platform used to connect Northland students to opportunities near and far. If you’d like to be better versed on how to use it, then consider attending!
Catch us in 001 Dexter Library (the basement level) for this workshop. The following will be covered:
- Setting up your profile (dos and don’ts)
- Setting job or internship search criteria to optimize Handshake’s recommendations to you
- How to find and follow jobs or employers of interest
- The process of applying for a job or internship
- How to find and sign up for workshops, events, tutoring sessions and career fairs of interest
- How to schedule appointments and connect with Northland’s Career Services and Student Success coordinators
- Registering your for-credit internship or field experience
- Reporting a not-for-credit experience
Make sure to bring your laptop so you can walk through your own Handshake account throughout. It’s also possible to use the Handshake app on your smartphone.
Attendance at this event will automatically enter you into a drawing for a monthly swag bag!