Alumni of 2010 invite you to join them for an panel discussion on attaining advanced degrees after Northland. This is a great opportunity to interact with successful alumni who have completed various advanced degree programs and found successful careers. Learn about effective application and networking strategies that worked for them, tips for dealing with “Culture Shock” at a school other than Northland, and the advantages of having a Northland education. Come prepared with your questions! Food will be provided at a post event networking reception.
• Dr. Erin Galarneau ’10 PhD in Plant Pathology – Postdoctoral Researcher – Walker Lab UC Davis-Viticulture & Ecology (organizer)
• Carmella Hatch ’10 MS in Library Sciences – Currently a librarian in Duluth
• Alex Zelles Rigsby ’10 MS in Biology – Environmental scientist with Crawford, Murphy & Tilly
• Ashley Kamantaskaus ’10 – Social Worker
3 Reasons to attend
1. It’s an opportunity to interact with successful alumni and learn about their journey through a variety of advanced degree programs and landing a job after graduation.
2. Get familiar with the application process for a variety of programs, the differences from Northland, and the advantages you have being Northland Alumni.
3. Networking with your fellow Northlanders!