On Tuesday, November 29, 2022, people all around the world are coming together to tap into the power of human connection to strengthen communities and change our world. You can be one of them!
Northland College has heart, and we will be participating in Giving Tuesday this year. We need your help! By joining the GivingTuesday movement, you are proving that in times of uncertainty, generosity can bring our communities together.
goalto celebrate Northland’s 130th anniversary.
matchthanks to generous donor support.
That means that every gift is doubled—dollar-for-dollar—up to $100,000. If we raise $50,000, we unlock $50,000 in matching funds for a total of $100,000. If we raise $100,000, we unlock all of the matching funds for a total of $200,000.No matter what you can give, support Northland this GivingTuesday and double your impact.
How to Support Northland on GivingTuesday
On Tuesday, November 29, simply go to www.northland.edu/giving and donate.
2. Spread the word.
Encourage your friends and family to join you in creating a real impact on November 29 by sharing what our mission means to you and why you support our organization. Here’s how:
- Share your Northland story with a friend or share a post on social media about your #Love4Northland!
- Mention @northlandEDU on Facebook and Instagram, or mention @northland_EDU on Twitter
- Add one or more of these hashtags to your post: #NorthlandHasHeart, #Give2NC, #Love4Northland, #NCGivingTuesday, and #GivingTuesday
- Print off one of the templates from our GivingTuesday Toolkit at www.northland.edu/givingtuesdaytoolkit, write down why you love Northland, and take a selfie (an #UNselfie) holding it, and share it on social media. Use the hashtags from above, as well as #UNselfie, or mention one of Northland’s social media accounts so we can see your post and share it!
View Northland’s GivingTuesday Toolkit
3. Join us in giving back.
There are multiple ways to give back in addition to making a gift to Northland. Join us for some or all of these efforts.
- Participate in a “No-sew T-shirt Tote” craft or donate some t-shirts for use in the project. Finished tote bags will be donated to The BRICK, a nonprofit that serves low-income residents of Ashland and Bayfield counties in our region. Come to the Ponzio Campus Center from 10 a.m.–1 p.m. to participate and/or bring t-shirts to Ponzio Campus Center during our GivingTuesday activities. Any unused shirts will be donated to the ReUse Room on campus.
- Donate to a Paper Products Drive to support The BRICK. Drop off your items at the Ponzio Campus Center during our GivingTuesday activities. The most requested items are:
- Paper products—toilet paper, paper towels, tissues, and sanitizing wipes
- Personal care—toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant, razors, and tampons/pads
- Toiletries—shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and body wash/soap
- Sign up to support Northland Admissions! Join our postcard effort to recruit the next generation of Northlanders!
Let’s rally together to build stronger communities and a better tomorrow for all.