Have a job, scholarship or internship interview coming up, or want to figure out how to ‘sell’ the skills and experience you recently gained?
Stop by our table on the first floor of the Ponzio Campus Center to practice answering common questions that you’re bound to be asked, even if you only have ten or fifteen minutes—no appointment needed!
Spoiler: There are right and wrong ways to answer the below questions (and many others).
- Tell me about yourself.
- What is your biggest strength/weakness?
- Tell me about a time when you failed/made a mistake/disagreed with a coworker.
- What is your greatest achievement?
- Why should we hire you (over others) for this position?
- Why did you leave your most recent position?
- Tell me about your experience with (technical skill you haven’t gained yet).
- What is your approach for understanding the perspectives of colleagues from different backgrounds?
- How would you handle a situation where a colleague was being culturally insensitive, sexist, racist or homophobic?
- What are your salary expectations?
If you’re interested in a more extensive or industry-specific practice run, a more in-depth mock interview may be helpful—feel free to schedule an appointment on Handshake!