- This event has passed.
Children’s & Young Adult Literature Conference
November 9, 2017, 5:00 pm–November 10, 2017, 4:00 pm
The Children’s and Young Adult Literature Conference is a symposium for educators, including public librarians, teachers, child care providers, parents, and college students enrolled in fields related to education. Held at Northland College, this conference will include keynote presentations, breakout sessions, networking time, book signing, vendors, Thursday evening reception, and Friday lunch.
About the Conference
Featuring authors, illustrators, and educators, the conference will focus on literature and the natural world. Highlights include:
- key note presentations by author Emma Bland Smith, winner of the 2017 Sigurd Olson Nature Writing Award for children’s literature, and by Merri V. Lindgren and Megan Schliesman, librarians at the Cooperative Children’s Book Center (CCBC);
- five breakout sessions that will focus on practical ways for educators to integrate environmental ideas through reading, language arts, and outdoor activities;
- hundreds of new books on display by the CCBC for review and examination;
- new ideas for how to use quality literature to increase young people’s ability to ask questions about the world around them, speculate, hypothesize, seek information, and develop questions;
- strategies for meeting state common core standards for environmental education and English language arts; optional wolf howl excursion on Thursday evening;
- find out more.