Forty percent of all adults in the United States don’t feel confident in their negotiation skills. If you’re in that percentage, then consider attending this event! (And did we mention there will be treats?!)
Our panel of hiring officials from a range of industries and local organizations will discuss how to feel more prepared for questions/topics like:
- Identifying a rate—How do I know what’s acceptable to list in an application or to say when asked during an interview? Would asking for a rate beyond the listed range be inappropriate?
- How to start and close negotiations—At what point in the process do negotiations begin/end? If offered the position, do I have to accept the rate they stated during that phone call?
- Asking for a raise—When and how is it acceptable to do this? What is a ‘typical’ raise increase?
- Hourly vs salary pay—Is one better or worse than the other? What is typical in my industry?
- Things to negotiate other than pay—How do I advocate for a more flexible schedule? What are considered “good” benefits (medical, dental, vacation time, sick leave, retirement, etc)?
Human Resources / Safety Director
City of Ashland
Founder / Executive Director
Agency Manager / Commercial Producer
Holden Insurance Agency
Chief Business Officer & Treasurer