Learn how to afford living after graduation from Dylan Hudson ’16—a financial advisor at Edward Jones of Ashland—and Northland’s friendly financial aid folks!
They’ll cover the following topics and answer your questions to leave you feeling more confident about your post-graduation transition to adulthood—whether you’re graduating in this year or in a few more. (And did we mention there will be treats?!)
- Professional Financial Advisors—What do they actually do, and do I need one if I don’t have a “real” job yet?
- Budgeting—What’s realistic, and what expenses should I be figuring in each month?
- Saving vs Spending—How much should I actually be saving to avoid living paycheck-to-paycheck?
- Investments—How can I make money from the stock market or other investment options?
- Personal Loans—How do I buy a car, snowmobile, or other things using a loan?
- Student Loans—How and when do I need to start repaying my student loans? (And what happens if I pause them or can’t afford my payment?)
- Additional question and answer session—Ask questions directly or via an anonymous Q&A option.