The Chequamegon Bay community is invited to the Alvord Theatre at Northland College’s Ponzio Campus Center for a presentation and tour of campus showcasing recently-completed energy efficiency enhancements.
This event is free and open to the public.
The presentation will also provide an update on Northland’s Climate Action Plan, which highlights the College’s ongoing commitment to reducing its environmental footprint.
This event will feature a panel representing College faculty, staff, and students.
The panelists include individuals who have played pivotal roles in advancing sustainable energy initiatives at Northland College:
- Dr. Meghan Salmon-Tumas (Assistant Professor of Climate Science) will share her expertise in the field
- Todd Pydo (Executive Director of Information Technology and Facilities) will provide insights into the technical aspects of the projects
- Em M. Cardenas (Northland College Student Association Director of Sustainability) will share a student perspective on the sustainability initiatives undertaken by the College
The projects showcased during the events encompass various aspects of renewable energy and efficiency. They include:
- Improvements to existing solar panels at the McLean Environmental Living and Learning Center
- A new solar installation on the Ponzio Campus Center
- Geothermal heat in the Ponzio Campus Center to complement its geothermal cooling system
- Installation of new heat pump technology in Wakefield Hall and the president’s house
- Replacement of Brownell Hall’s AC system
- Upgrades to the boiler systems across campus