• veteran pins

If you are currently serving in the military, have served in the past, or are a dependent of someone who has, you may be eligible to receive financial assistance from the Department of Veterans Affairs (V.A.). Northland College actively assists eligible students with applying their educational benefits towards a degree.

Wisconsin Veterans

Veterans who are Wisconsin residents may also be eligible to participate in the Vet Ed reimbursement program offered through the state of WI Department of Veterans Affairs. The Wisconsin G.I. Bill Tuition Remission Program cannot be used at Northland.

The V.A. School Certifying Official at Northland does not make determinations of eligibility, nor is she able to discuss specific remuneration amounts with eligible students. Please contact your V.A. representative with eligibility questions. If you are not sure of who your V.A. representative is, you can obtain further information by calling (888) GI-BILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) or visit Federal G.I. Bill.

How to apply

  • Online: Go to vets.gov and select “Apply for education benefits.”
  • Mail: Call 1-888-GI-BILL-1 (1-888-442-4551), Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. (CT), to request that they send the application to you. Fill it out and mail it to the VA regional claims processing office at the address below:
    VA Regional Processing Office
    P.O. Box 32432
    St. Louis, MO 63132-0832

Once you have applied for benefits and received confirmation from the V.A., please provide a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to the V.A. School Certifying Official Gabrielle Hodges in Student Services or call with questions at 715-682-1255.

The V.A. highly recommends that all benefit-eligible students file the FAFSA and apply for financial aid, as benefits generally do not cover the entire cost of attendance.

campus contact

The V.A. Certifying Official at Northland College is Gabrielle Hodges in Student Services. She will be happy to help answer any questions or point you in the right direction. She can be reached by email or by phone at (715) 682-1255 or tollfree (866) 832-0018.