- General Education
- Majors and Minors
- Business Management
- Directed Studies
- Ecological Restoration
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Geosciences
- Environmental Humanities
- Fisheries & Wildlife Ecology
- Geographic Information Systems
- Gender & Women's Studies
- Graphic Design
- Humanity & Nature Studies
- Mathematical Science
- Native American Studies
- Natural Resources
- Outdoor Education
- Pre-Professional Programs
- Religious Studies
- Sociology and Social Justice
- Studio Art
- Sustainable Community Development
- Sustainable Entrepreneurship
- Water Science
- Course Offerings
- Off-Campus Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Faculty Profiles
- Policy and Procedures
- Lecture Series
- A Different Kind of Education
- Admissions Checklist
- Visits and Events
- Incoming Students
- Application for Admission
- Tuition and Fees
- Access Guarantee
- Affordability Tips
- Determine the Value
- Private Colleges May Cost Less
- Complete a Degree in 4 Years
- Accurately Compare College Costs
- Choosing the Wrong College is Expensive
- File Your FAFSA
- Work-study and Summer Earnings
- Outside Scholarships aren’t just for Freshmen
- Redirected Expenses, Tax Credits & Monthly Payment Plans
- Student Loans are a Valuable Financial Tool
- Financial Aid
- Net Price Calculator
- Scholarships & Grants
- Student Employment
- Worksheets and Forms
- Tuition Management
- Important Links
- Financial Aid Staff
- Transfer Students
- International Students
- High School Counselors
- Alumni Success Stories
- Request More Information
- Admissions Staff
- Student Life
- Campus Life
- Residential Life
- Incoming Students
- Career Education Center
- Learning Outside the Classroom
- Student Support
- Student Resources
- Get Involved
- Student Life Staff
- Photo Gallery
- Video Gallery
- Sigurd Olson Environmental Institute
- Summer Programs
- Lake Superior Wilderness Conference
- Nature Writing Awards
- About LoonWatch
- North American Loon Symposium
- Learn About Loons
- Research and Monitoring
- Educational Programs
- Newsletter and Resources
- LoonWatch Advisory Council
- Student Opportunities
- Lake Superior Binational Forum
- Chequamegon Bay Area Partnership
- Student Opportunities
- Contact Us
Erin C. '11
Coon Rapids, MN
Teach for Northland College Wellness
Welcome potential and returning instructors! The Center for Wellness and Lifelong Learning offers a variety of Wellness workshops during the fall, and winter and spring (May) terms. We are always seeking new and interesting workshops offered by dynamic instructors. This page includes everything you need to propose a new workshop or renew a workshop you've taught before. Additionally, resources to assist you while you are teaching are located here.
Northland College hires only qualified instructors for Wellness workshops. We consider education and experience in the subject taught, teaching experience, and appropriate certifications. Some workshops require first aid certification as well as other certificates proving level of competency.
Proposal Submission Due Dates
Fall workshops – Check back soon, as we are in the process of re-vamping deadlines for Wellness workshop proposals!
Winter and spring (May) workshops – Check back soon, as we are in the process of re-vamping deadlines for Wellness workshop proposals!
We offer approximately 50 workshops per semester. Priority will be given to those that are received early in the process as we review them on a rolling basis, as well as those that help round out the dimensions. We reserve the right to not consider proposals submitted after the deadline.
New workshop proposals should be submitted using the New Wellness Workshop Proposal Form, which is available in two formats, whichever is most convenient for you. You can submit the proposal using the online form, which is sent to us as soon as you click the submit button, and cannot be saved to your computer. You can also use the Microsoft Word fillable form, save it to your computer, then attach the saved form to an email addressed to email@example.com. All instructors should review the Instructions document and the Wellness Dimensions and Intentional Learning Outcomes document before completing the proposal form.
Renewing a Workshop
Instructors that wish to renew a workshop for a new semester may do so by submitting the online Renewal Wellness Workshop Proposal Form. This form cannot be saved to your computer and is sent to us as soon as you click the submit button. You may also use the Microsoft Word fillable form, save it to your computer, then attach the saved form to an email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Both of these forms are shortened versions of the original proposal form. Please follow the instructions for completing the form.
What to Expect From Us
As soon as we can (usually within 60 days of the submission date), we will contact you via email with notification of your proposal status. Workshops may be approved for the proposed semester, approved for a different semester, or declined. We may also request changes that fit better with overall program scheduling or other program requirements.
Workshops that are accepted for the proposed semester will be published under the Student life Co-curriculum department in the course search on my.Northland.edu. This is the method students will use to register themselves for Wellness courses.
Wellness Program Instructor Agreement forms will be sent to instructors of approved workshops as soon as possible. This document constitutes a formal and binding agreement for services between Northland College Student Life and the instructor for teaching in the Northland College Wellness Program. The agreement also outlines basic expectations, general information, course cancellation information, and compensation.
Can't log in?
New IT security rules mandate that changes to logins occur every 60 days. Your account may be locked out if you haven't changed your login information in a while. There is an easy fix! Contact Doreen in IT by emailing her at email@example.com.
Can't see your course?
Your course(s) will be visible 60 days before it starts and for 60 days after your last class meeting. If it is outside this window, you will not be able to see it. Please be sure you get your grades entered before your course is unavailable. Also, using "Faculty Course Control," check to be sure you are in the correct term.
How do I get to my Northland email account?
There are two ways to access your Northland email account:
- mail.northland.edu Click on "Faculty and Staff Email." You will log in on the next page that comes up.
- Go to www.northland.edu. Scroll to the bottom if the page and click on "Webmail." Click on "Faculty and Staff Email." You will log in on the next page that comes up.
Managing your email - Am I receiving all of my emails via my Northland account?
Your email account could be filling up without you even knowing it! When your account reaches capacity, incoming emails are no longer delivered, meaning you won't be able to see them.
To solve this, make a habit of emptying your "Deleted Items" folder. Anything you delete from your inbox goes into this folder and is stored until you manually empty the folder. Your webmail account has space limitations and this is the best way to make sure your incoming emails actually make it to you!
Wellness Instructor Resources
Proposal and Planning Documents
- Wellness Workshop Proposal Form.doc (fillable and saveable)
- Wellness Workshop RENEWAL Form.doc (fillable and saveable)
- Online NEW Wellness Workshop Proposal Form (not saveable)
- Online RENEWAL Wellness Workshop Proposal Form (not saveable)
- Instructions - Wellness Workshop Proposal Form.pdf
- Wellness Dimensions and Intentional Learning Outcomes.pdf
- Academic Calendar 2014-2015 (pdf)
- Examples of New Workshop Proposals: Digital Photography Basics, Let's Bead!
- Instructor Expectations and General Information.pdf
- Checklist for Wellness Instructors
- My.Northland Instructions.pdf
- Adding a Syllabus, Assignment, or Other Document to My Northland
- Creating and Using a Forum on My Northland
- Sample Syllabus.pdf
- Health and Medical History Form
- Risk Waiver Form
- Itinerary Form
- Evaluation Form for Wellness workshops
- Grading Instructions
- Campus Map
- SOEI AV Equipment Instructions
Division of Student Life
1411 Ellis Avenue Ashland, WI 54806-3999
(715) 682-1699 | Map it